Thursday, October 28, 2010

The one and only...James Hong


I was recently in Orlando, Florida attending XANGO's 8th anniversary convention at the beautiful Gaylord Palms Resort and while I was there I ran into the one and only James Hong. And though you may not know him by name you are sure to recognize the face that has graced scenes in movies and television since the 1950's, shows like Seinfeld & Waynes World, and character voices in Disneys Mulan & Kung Fu Panda among many others. My most memorable James Hong role was, of course, David Lo Pan from "Big Trouble in Little China." I asked him to autograph one of his 8x10 glossies of that character which is now proudly hanging above my computer at work.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I do recognize him as the old Chinese man in every movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You got to go to Orlando? That is sweet. I've never been to the state of Florida but every Brit I've ever met has been to two places in the US: Las Vegas and Orlando. Makes me want to take my kids there to Disneyworld. Hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. He will forever be Cassandra's father from Wayne's World in my mind. (Or is it Wayner's World?)

    ReplyDelete